1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key,
then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
4. When the Android logo displays, release all keys
('Installing system update' will show for about 30-60 seconds
before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
5. Press the Voume down key several times key to
highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
6. Press Power button to select.
7. Press the Volume down key until 'Yes -- delete all usere data' is highlighted.
8. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
9. When the master reset is ccomplete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
10. Press the Power key to restart the device.